The Society for Canadian Women In Science and Technology, or SCWIST, was founded in 1981 as a not-for-profit association aiming at encouraging women into science, engineering and technology; supporting and promoting the education of girls and women through programs and activities in partnership with the community.
To create an environment where women and girls in Canada can pursue their interest, education, and careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) without barriers.
- To provide activities, mentorship, and leadership that support women and girls in accomplishing their dreams
- To remove barriers and raise public awareness by promoting and advocating for inclusive policies and equitable practices in education, the workplace, and in government
- To inspire innovation and encourage excellence through positive role models and outreach programs
- To foster connections through professional networks and programs we develop in partnership with the community
- To boost the numbers, retention, and status of women in the workplace by facilitating networking, mentoring, and advocating woman-friendly policies