SCWIST X UBC-Computer Science Presents:
Explore Career Paths that Combine Life Sciences with Computer Sciences
Biologists and healthcare providers are turning to IT to design innovative solutions. The demand for talents with knowledge in IT and biological sciences is greater than ever!
Date: Tuesday November 12th, 2013
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Place: Room 110, UBC Hugh Dempster Pavilion, 6245 Agronomy Road. Vancouver, BC
Experts will cover careers including bioinformatics, health informatics and mobile health applications. You’ll soon discover that there’s more to IT careers than just coding!
We would like to invite Health and Life Sciences professionals, including:
- Graduating and Graduate students
- Mature students with training in Canadian and international institutions
At the panel discussion, you will also find out:
- the trends and career opportunities in Health IT.
- how biologists leverage their scientific knowledge and apply it to the IT world.
- Dr. Kendall Ho, Director, UBC eHealth Strategy Office
- Dr. John Wu, CIO of BC Cancer Agency & Radiation Oncologist
- Dr. Tim Lee, Senior Research Scientist, BC Cancer Agency
- Dr. Steve Hallam, Assistant Professor, UBC Dept of Microbiology & Immunology
- Alireza Davoodi, Entrepreneur & Director of Technology at Curatio.me
- Maryam Sadeghi, Co-founder & CEO at MetaOptima Technology Inc
This FREE event includes:
- Panel discussions
- Face-to-Face Q & A
- Networking opportunities