he Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology (SCWIST) founded in 1981 is a non-profit organization that empowers and encourages girls and women in the field of science, engineering and technology through programs (ms infinity, IWIS, Make Possible) and activities that we develop in partnership with the community.
The Coordinator is responsible for the online experience of the organization’s members, volunteers, partners, sponsors and contractors. By using industry standard approaches to design, updating content regularly and working with the communication committees, the Coordinator ensures the organization’s online portal is among its best assets and accurately represents the public “face” to the Society on the internet.
Title: Member Digital Experience Coordinator
Type: Part-time contract (approximately 5 – 7 hours per week)
Application deadline: November 15, 2014
- Maintain SCWIST website according to the latest requirements set by SCWIST Board of Directors and Communication Committee including updates of WordPress content management platform, its plug-ins and user accounts.
- Work on website improvements and effective user experience according to the long-term SCWIST plan.
- Coordinate with IT developer of Make Possible Mentoring Network to ensure website alignment.
- Update the website and social media content in a timely fashion including posting upcoming events, fliers, photos and reports of past events.
- Assist with event marketing and promotion such as invitation and poster design.
- Coordinate monthly newsletter development and distribution.
- Maintain SCWIST social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist with any new website development such as membership database, any new social media platforms and similar applications.
- Share knowledge with Directors, staff, and volunteers through both internal and external training.
- Report to SCWIST Director of Communications by providing weekly email updates and a monthly report on site traffic analysis.
- Post secondary education in computer science, web design or a related field.
- At least 2-5 years of content management experience of an organization website.
- Experience in content editing for websites is a must.
- Deep understanding of HTML, CSS and WordPress.
- Knowledge of marketing and publication platforms such as MailChimp.
- Knowledge of MySQL databases, PHP or Java Script will be considered as assets.
- Excellent and proven communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of the team.
- The candidate’s commitment to social responsibility and giving back to the community, particularly in the area of educational and philanthropic initiatives supporting, cultivating and empowering women will receive particular attention.
This is a part-time contract position with approximately 5-7 hours per week and is renewable semi-annually upon grant funding renewal.
- Have you created an organization website or blog? If so describe your involvement and provide the URL.
- Do you have LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter accounts? How often do you update them?
- What specific experience do you have that pertains to this position?
- What writing experience do you have? Do you regularly contribute any content to a website, newsletter or a blog? Provide examples.
Please send application along with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in SCWIST but due to the volume of responses, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SCWIST is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.