SCWIST and Family Services of Greater Vancouver are offering a workshop on Money Skills. This special workshop will cover topics on budgeting, building good credit history and managing debt. This is a hands-on, practical workshop and participants will receive a 100-page booklet to guide them with becomeing financially literate and skilled with money.
Date: Thursday 24 May 2012
Time: 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Location: B.C. Cancer Research Centre, Boardroom–5th Floor, 570 West 7th Avenue at Ash (1 block west of Cambie) Vancouver
- 100-Page Financial Literacy Booklet that covers:
- Budgeting: Track your earning and spending and be in control of your money
- Banking: Choose the options that are right for you, reduce fees and save money
- Credit: Build and maintain a good credit history and deal with debt
- Snacks and Refreshments
- Opportunity to network with others
- Question and answer session about financial planning with Billie Sinclair
About the speaker:
Our guest speaker is Billie Sinclair, Financial Literacy Educator at Family Services of Greater Vancouver. She brings with her the combined experience of 20 years in the Financial Services industry, plus 10 years in Social Service work. She enjoys public speaking and has facilitated workshops to hundreds of participants, with a focus on self-development and personal growth.
The Money Skills workshop presents an important cornerstone for the development of a well-balanced career and personal life. Her style is personable and engaging and her sincerity for the success of her participants shines through in all of her classrooms.