A Workshop for Women in Science, Engineering and Technology
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
SFU Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings Street
Room 2945 McLean Management Studies Lab
As part of the Government of Canada Status of Women Initiative to advance women in technology, SCWIST is pleased to host a ‘Negotiating for Success’ Workshop in collaboration with the Canadian Centre for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology (WinSETT Centre). WinSETT will deliver a professional development workshop specifically designed for women in the early to midpoint of their science, engineering and technology careers.
This workshop is part of a series of Women in SETT Leadership workshops developed by professionals, based on the experiences of women in SETT and grounded in research and practices that work. Evaluation and feedback from over 750 participants in 44 workshops held across Canada since 2002 has been very positive across industry, government and academia. The WinSETT ‘Becoming Leaders’ Workshop recently held in September sold out early, so please register soon.
Negotiation is one of the most challenging but important career building skills to master. Effective negotiation can help you attain desired work assignments, promotions, financial benefits, project resources, and access to networks. This workshop focuses on the “how” of effective win-win negotiation and the “how to” through role-play and practice. Workshop participants will:
- Learn about different negotiation models and identify opportunities for negotiation
- Understand the ‘win-win’ (collaborative) negotiation model
- Assess your own negotiation strengths and challenges
- Benefit from the strategies and tips from female leaders in the sector and from other participants
- Learn from the research on gender factors affecting negotiation
- Build skills through guided role-play exercises and practice in a supportive environment
Cost: $50 includes continental breakfast, lunch and all workshop materials including a pre-workshop survey
Registration is limited to 25 participants (so register early!)