IWIS is for you. We provide support to immigrating professional women in the field. Our mission is to develop a community where women can share their experience, seek advice and broaden their networks. Our events and workshops are designed to help internationally-trained women faced with challenges and barriers in starting and building their careers in Canada.
What SCWIST’S IWIS Program has to offer
Our networking events gather the community together to learn from others and from each other. Speakers include immigrant women who tell their stories and offer general advice and inspiration, as well as potential employers with job-finding tips.
IWIS hosts a number of workshops throughout the year, including:
Become a member and you’ll get access to an excellent selection of resources tailored towards immigrating professional women. These include:
1) Being a part of the Vancouver immigrant women community
2) Connecting with a large group of immigrant and non-immigrant women through SCWIST events
3) Gaining valuable information faster through IWIS resources
4) Developing job search and career skills by attending IWIS events
5) Volunteering for IWIS helps you develop your skills through the custom volunteering program and gain very important Canadian experience
Alternative Career Pathways, an effort launched by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC), aims to help match internationally-trained individuals who are facing challenges working in their field with training programs at career colleges so they can make use of their existing skills and training in related and meaningful careers.
Upcoming IWIS Events
Please keep an eye on SCWIST’s Event Calendar, all upcoming IWIS events will be posted there. And subscribe to our free SCWIST newsletter!